San Diego Gas & Electric®
- Smart Meters help you save energy and money by allowing you to remotely control your home or building temperature. Each day, the Smart Meter records your energy use then remotely sends it to SDG&E’s data center for operations, billing, and customer service information. This upgrade enables SDG&E to improve management of overall energy needs for our region, and detect power outages as they happen.
- Making your home more energy-efficient is a great way to save money and energy. SDG&E has many programs that offer rebates on energy-efficient purchases, appliance recycling programs, free lighting exchanges, bill credits for saving energy on select days, and more. By taking the Home Energy Efficiency survey, you can better understand your energy usage and ways to save, plus you’ll receive a complimentary Home Energy & Water Savings Kit!
- Small to mid-size businesses will benefit from a no-cost energy audit and the energy-efficient product catalog that is offered through this SDG&E program. Learn about potential savings by completing the online form and working with an authorized contractor. You will receive an energy audit report that shows energy conservation measures, as well as a catalog of almost 240 technology and equipment upgrades with approximately 40 offered at no-cost to you.
- Businesses in San Diego are eligible to receive instant rebates for lighting products and food-service equipment through participating distributors. Follow three simple steps to apply for the instant lighting rebate, or work with a trade professional to submit your application for the rebate of new food-service equipment purchases.
- These incentives are available to businesses and the incentive amount varies depending on your energy savings. Apply today and receive cash through retrofitting projects and upgrading to high-efficiency equipment.
- Commercial and taxpayer-funded customers of SDG&E can finance energy efficient improvements through their energy bills. This program is available to customers who have received a rebate or incentive through an energy efficiency program, have been with SDG&E for more than two years, and who have a good standing on their account. (This program is currently out of funding and all applications will be put on a waitlist. )
- Residential and commercial incentives and rebates are available to anyone through this San Diego County Water Authority program. From landscape makeovers to high-efficiency toilets, there are numerous ways to conserve water and save money!
- Receive technical and financial support for installing clean and energy-efficient distributed generation and storage technologies. Fuel cells, wind energy, and waste energy recovery are just a few examples of the clean energy opportunities where you can receive money for conserving greenhouse gas emissions.
- Receive up to $7,000 in rebates for the purchase or lease of zero-emission or plug-in hybrid light-duty vehicles! Driving to school and work will become even greener as you save money on gas and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This initiative is through the California Air and Resources Board.
These programs are funded by California utility customers under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.